Chef at U.S. Embassy Tanzania, Dar es salaam 2023
U.S. MISSION DAR ES SALAAM VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the positions below (Click the link below to read full job descriptions and mode of application...):
The U.S. Embassy is seeking an individual for the position of Chef for a senior-level diplomat’s residence.
OPEN TO: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS. MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 45 hours/week
SALARY: Negotiable based on experience
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION:
The incumbent will be responsible for preparing meals and performing the below-mentioned duties.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
Major duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Grocery Shopping
- Menu Planning
- Cooking for Family and Events
- Clean-up of Kitchen and Dining Space
- Performing other related duties as assigned by the employers or residence manager.
- Proper food safety (including vegetables and fruit washing) and kitchen hygiene and sanitation procedures are maintained.
At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in a hotel, restaurant, or as a residential chef.
Should have completed secondary school or equivalent. A diploma from a culinary school and Food safety training certification will be an advantage.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Utmost discretion and confidentiality in all matters both business and personal.
- Dedication to responsibilities, strong ability to prioritize and multitask; and work under pressure.
- Knowledge of a variety of dietary lifestyles and restrictions.
- Ability to cook different types of cuisines.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with the employer and other residence staff members.
- Mid-level spoken and written English and Kiswahili are required.
- A valid Tanzanian driver’s license and driving experience would be advantageous
Interested candidates for this position must submit a Curriculum Vitae, Application Letter, Certificates, etc.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- OPENING DATE: January 11, 2023.
- CLOSING DATE: January 18, 2023.