Human Rights Coordinator at CCL Global 2023
Human Rights Coordinator at CCL Global
CCL Global Sub-Saharan Africa Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
About the job
With respect to respect for human rights, you will:
- Be the focal point for the monitoring of the Human Rights recommendations implementation by all the operational entities (Project team/ Security team/ HSE team/ LSOC team/ Human Resources Team, etc.).
- Ensure that the implementation of human rights recommendations is harmonised between Tanzania and Uganda.
- Ensure that adequate systems, tools, and processes are in place to appropriately monitor the implementation of human rights mitigation measures activities across the project in Tanzania.
- Issue the monthly report on the client's human rights progress in Uganda and Tanzania.
- Provide a regular update (monthly and quarterly) on mitigation actions addressing the recommendations for key salient issues.
- Participate in the annual report to describe the implementation of the Human Rights Action Plan, as requested in the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights.
- Ongoing coordination with other functions within CLIENT’S (LSOC teams, HSE teams, Legal teams, Project team).
- Active coordination with local institutions, and CSOs regarding respect for human rights in business.
- Promote discussions among different stakeholders regarding human rights in business.
- ability to frequently move to different locations for construction to have a follow-up of workers' rights in the field by different contractors.
- Constant updates on political, socio-economic and cultural contexts.
- University degree in social sciences or human rights. A Post-graduate qualification is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the linear construction and extractives industries, including at least 5 years of experience in human rights and human rights security-related compliance in the development field and community capacity building for human rights
- Knowledge of international environmental and social standards, particularly the IFC Performance Standards, the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, and international good practice.
- Experience in regular interfaces with and undertaking field oversight in the implementation of human rights/Labour rights/ and project commitments.
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain good relations with stakeholders, including local institutions, local communities, industry partners, CSOs/NGOs and international organizations
- Negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Excellent computer, report writing and analytical skills.